Monday, July 19, 2010

Let Your Voice Be Heard

"There have been so many times in my service to the residents of my District when I've pondered a vote on an issue only to resolve it because my constituents took the trouble to tell me where they stood and why. After all, unlike the Washington world of power, politics, and pretense, the men and women I represent live in the real world where every decision they make can mean life or death, success or failure, a goal realized or a hope dashed forever. I learn more from them than from all the newspapers, magazines and television programs combined about what they need to secure their family, grow a small business, want for their nation and the world."

"Keeping the lines of communication open between a legislator and the people he or she represents is essential to keeping democracy alive and well in America." -Congressman Vern Buchanan, 13th District Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment