Thursday, July 29, 2010

Importance of Constituent Opinion

In our representative form of government, it is essential for the public to express their views to their elected officials. My job in Congress is to act on behalf of my constituents, and I constantly look for their guidance as I make these decisions. -United States Representative, Cliff Stearns, 6th District, Florida

In his Gettysburg Address Abraham Lincoln declared that, "This nation under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and government of the people, by the people, and for the people shall not perish from the earth." The input I receive daily by telephone, mail, e-mail, and fax allows me to know where people stand on specific issues and enables me to best represent their interests. -Congressman Zach Wamp, 3rd District, Tennessee

No comments:

Post a Comment