Thursday, July 8, 2010

Founding Fathers Creation...by the people and for the people.

"The importance of constituent feedback is a top priority for my staff and I. All too often, Members of Congress and their staff become insulated from what is going on across the nation. I pride myself on being able to read and respond to a large amount of constituent requests, and although we may not always agree, it is important that my constituents know their opinion matters, and their concerns are not being properly considered.

Lawmakers in Washington, D.C. believe they have all the answers, but in reality it's their constituents back home who frequently have some of the best ideas. The reason is simple. The people of the United States, and my constituents, are the ones who work in the industries, teach in the schools, and protect our loved ones from harm, and more often than not they have unique insight of how proposed legislation will affect their jobs and families.

Our founding fathers created a government founded by the people and for the people, and with our government citizens participation is not only inherent, it is vitally important, and I am always happy to entertain the thoughts and suggestions of the American people."
-Congressman John Campbell (R) 48th Dist. California

No comments:

Post a Comment