Friday, October 8, 2010

NWYC's Contribution To Democracy

"We in Congress are elected by our constituents to represent their views in the legislative process.  My role here in Washington D.C. is to represent the people of the 18th district of Texas.  I take my responsibility to my constituents very seriously.  For me to accomplish this goal I must know their opinions, thoughts and concerns on all the legislative issues.

The National Write Your Congressman (NWYC) program facilitates communication between my office and my constituents:  a communication that is fundamental to the well being of our government, our society, and our country.  I would like to thank the NWYC for its outstanding contribution to our democracy, and I applaud your efforts.  Thank you." -Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, 18th District, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment