Friday, August 6, 2010

Constituent Opinion

"The job of a member of Congress relies to a large extent on his or her ability to work with colleagues from both sides of the aisle in advancing legislation which will benefit the entire nation. More importantly, however, congressmen depend heavily on the input of constituents in their districts regarding important issues of the day. I have been able to perform my job more effectively as a result of receiving opinions and suggestions from my constituents in the First District of Alabama. The correspondence and telephone calls I receive are an excellent way of gauging the views of the district as I consider new legislation and how it will affect the families of south Alabama." -Congressman Jo Bonner, 1st District, Alabama

No comments:

Post a Comment