Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Constituent Opinion... The Linchpin of Our System

"I would like to thank you and National Write Your Congressman for many years of work improving communication between Members of Congress and the people we represent. Hearing from my constituents and learning their views on the issues that matter to them allows me to carry out my job title as representative.

Our Republic can only function when the American people are informed and involved in the governing process. The House of Representatives was established by our Founding Fathers to be responsive to the will of the people, and constituent opinion is the linchpin of that system. I have been entrusted with the privilege of representing constituents in my district, and their views influence each and every vote that I cast." -Congressman John Culberson, 7th District, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment